Tuesday 8 September 2015

Station 16 Gallery, Montreal, 13th July







This was a gallery I came across whilst killing time before a film; very glad I decided to pop in too. Contemporary Urban artists work is featured here, quite a lovely place to wander around in as it was chilled and airy; both in atmosphere and air conditioning (Very much appreciated the air con as it was about 30oC outside). I found it quite easy to enjoy myself with very dynamic and colourful pieces wherever you looked; they stood out fabulously against the white walls. I’d say my favourite artist from the collection that day was L7M, there were a few canvases of his that combined birds with vivid colours, bold patterns and visible brush strokes; I absolutely loved this blend and upon looking into his work further online I’ve learnt of his bigger designs in urban areas, they have such a gorgeous, natural flow to them. Admittedly I regret not staying longer and looking around some more. We were the only two people in there besides the staff and somehow I felt like we were intruding; silly, I know, if I get to visit again I’ll take my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment