Tuesday 8 September 2015

Adventures in Suffolk - Woodbridge Tide Mill





This is was a really pleasant visit and I’m glad I got the chance to see it. Ideally when the tides are high enough the waterwheel will turn the machinery and mill grain to produce flour; this is where the title ‘living museum’ comes into play. Unfortunately I didn’t consider this at all before visiting and so the only noise was from creaky floorboards. Still, it was very interesting to see and learn about this piece of history. I was particularly fond of the rustic feel of the building, exposed chipped beams and traditional machinery; on top of that there was a stunning view of the River Deben at low tide. I could find no fault with this place until it came to the challenge of finding the paper mice; with names like Neil, Mac and Stan, scattered around the building. Designed for kids I thought it would be easy to find all 12 of them. How wrong I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment