Tuesday 8 September 2015

Places/Situations I have had ideas in



I’ve noticed I tend to take inspiration from conversations; a word, phrase or sentence that gets the cogs turning quickly and conjures up an image in mind. It’s something that I usually have to make a quick illegible note of else I forget. From that I enjoy looking back on it and remembering the conversation that it came from. Travel is also a great way to conjure up ideas, I love being in a new surrounding and getting to experience a different culture. Take Orange Julep in Montreal for example, when I saw that giant orange orb I knew I had to immortalise it in some way; when will I ever see something like that elsewhere? Similarly in Amsterdam, not a big orange ball, but I find the canal houses to be gorgeous, particularly the horizon line that the roofs create together.



No comments:

Post a Comment