Tuesday 8 September 2015

Adventures in Suffolk - Ipswich Museum



 

One of the first things to greet you in this museum is a great big woolly mammoth with an impressive set of tusks; I would say that this sets the general tone for the rest of your visit as the museum is comprised of local history and the natural world amongst other things. The amount of exhibits is quite staggering really; the building looks smaller on the outside so I was not expecting all too much however it definitely delivered. There were interactive bits and pieces as one would expect which were welcome breaks as I began to drag my feet every so often. I was impressed with the number of bird specimens on display as well as the detail to the environment they perched in; from vegetation to water it was very convincing and made me want to buy the materials to play around with. From the visit I’d say I’ve gained a new appreciation for my home town, turns out I didn’t know as much of its history as I thought and so it was an enlightening experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment