Tuesday 8 September 2015

Porter Robinson, New City Gas, Montreal, 27th June







This guy. It was the first time I had been to the show of an EDM producer so of course I was super excited for it. Porter Robinson, with his most recent album ‘Worlds’ has found his own unique style that I’m absolutely in love with. Japanese styled sounds and lyrics feature in a bunch of his songs as well as an apparently deeper meaning in others. You only have to read the YouTube comments of “Fellow Feeling” to see people speculating on what different parts of the song mean. The show itself was 100% the best I’ve seen and I’d have no question in seeing him perform again. I was pleasantly surprised that ultra dynamic visuals played a key part of the night too with bright lights, patterns, recurring characters and vivid colours adorning the stage for every song, with appropriate use of course. As we were right at the front there was no mercy from this, which I’m not complaining about; I’m so happy I got to experience that graphical bombardment with wide eyes and a grin that hurt my cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment