Tuesday 8 September 2015

Game On – Montreal Science Center, 16th July







This exhibition was incredibly easy to dive right into, it was just a matter of finding a free controller. One hundred games on all sorts of platforms from Atari to Wii U; I’d never seen such a range in person before so needless to say I wanted to experience everything at once. I had a odd combo of fondness for games I’d played before as well as a child-like eagerness to try things I hadn’t. This seemed to culminate in my boyfriend and I trying to play Fifa 15 – out of sheer lack of anything else being available – whist several 13 year olds on a school trip stood around us snickering at the non-existent virtual football skills. That was quickly abandoned in favour of having a go on an Oculus Rift. Now, having seen gameplay with this thing online for the past couple of years I was very much intrigued. I was not at all prepared for how motion sick I’d feel. The demo itself was of a big swing ride, taking you high and looping you round, ending as a splattered mess after being ejected from your seat. Though it didn’t look realistic my weak stomach ignored this fact and I had to shut my eyes several times to get through it. So glad I tried it though, don’t hesitate if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment