Friday 13 November 2015

Word Up! - Initial Research

Word Up!

Initial Research Brief

Examples of 3D typography

 

 

When 3D typography was mentioned this was the first thing to come to mind, having visited the Netherlands twice and seen it in person I have a bit of a soft spot for it. Absolutely love the colours and the clever smushing of the words.


A question mark made of marble and granite commissioned by University Campus Suffolk for their campus on the waterfront. This is in my hometown. I remember it being controversial when the plans were announced. It cost £200,000. Yeah.



Admittedly I don't have any background on this other than that it is in New York City. Something about the look of the letters as well as being able to see the joints and unlit curves is really appealing to me.

These were also some other pieces of 3D typography I considered, although 3D in a virtual sense, I wouldn't complain with a life sized Minecraft logo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment