Friday 13 November 2015

Chris failed

After wandering around for a fair bit I decided that the China Walk Estate would be a better focus for this project than Lambeth Towers. Yes, my initial research had been more pointed towards the latter but having visited the sites in person now it was clear that I was more drawn to the estate.


If you turn around and look back down the path that you just came from you notice the shops on the other side of the street. Small independent businesses; a bike shop, pizza shop, a small grocers, none of these appeared to have anything too out of the ordinary about them. Glancing back into the estate 
 gives a very different feeling. This comes across as something higher class, perhaps it's the courtyard that does it, perhaps it's all just a front; I don't know. I would need to do more research on these houses.


It is for this reason that I have decided to target my piece of typography at the residents of China Walk Estate; specifically at those living in Wedgwood House as that building by itself makes up the majority of the estate.


The people seem interesting, this Lucozade bottle for example; a piece of litter thrown down in this pretty area but in addition to it being litter there is a label that reads 'Chris please bring bottle home'
Chris apparently failed in this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment